Monday, July 12, 2010

"The Cottage"

This is my little slice of Heaven! I love visiting my parents' cottage on North Manistique Lake in the Upper Peninsula. I grew up spending every summer here and love that Russell and Sloane are now making cottage memories of their own. We just finished spending a full two weeks there and plan on returning for at least one more week in August. The kids had a ball while Aron and I enjoyed some down time thanks to the help from all of my family! Aron and I even escaped for two nights to Mackinac Island! We had an incredible time shopping, riding bikes, and eating fudge :-) I took so many pictures while in the upper peninsula that I had to separate them into different posts. The following pictures show some of the fun we had while visiting "the cottage."

Silly times in the cottage. Boat rides are a daily treat thanks to my dad!
We usually celebrate Uncle Keith and Aunt Nancy's birthdays while there.
I am convinced that both Russell and Sloane have developed fins and scales! They have no fear of the water and dive in and out like pros! Russell is currently extremely interested in cowboys and Indians. He picked out this new cowboy hat and gun while visiting a tourist shop nearby.
Ahhhhh... The best part... Water is calm, kids are sleeping, and the sunset!

No comments: