Saturday, December 5, 2009
Joy to the World!
I have so many thoughts and emotions going through my mind today. I am thankful for my beautiful and well-spirited children and blessed for a supportive and caring husband, however sadness looms around our home. Aron's Aunt Karen is not doing well. She is at home in the comfort and care of her family (including Aron). The kids and I spent time today praying for Auntie Karen, talking about our fun with her at the beach this summer, and digging through family photos where Karen is holding, playing, and caring for all of us. She is such a dear part of our lives. She was at Aron's side during some of the most difficult moments of his life. Now he is with her. Caring for her and supporting her through her most difficult time. I focus now on the positive...Karen's energy for life, love for the beach, and devotion to her family. She is in my mind today and will be in our hearts forever! A teacher once told me about how his father wanted the song Joy to the World to be played at his funeral. His father wanted those who loved him to celebrate life and the happiness that the Lord has brought to all of us. So as my beloved children sleep, I sit here now with Christmas music in the background while I hum; Joy to the World! The Lord is come. Let earth receive her King.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment