Most of you know about my student, Ethan, who passed away in May due to a congenital heart defect. It was a very difficult time for me and obviously a horrific time for his parents. I came to know his family very well while I was conducting home-bound teaching with Ethan. Well, Thursday, November 12th would have been Ethan's 9th birthday. His parents organized a wonderful celebration in honor of Ethan and to benefit the organization, Hearts of Hope Southeast Michigan. Ethan's favorite food of ALL time was pizza! So...the party took place at the all you can eat pizza place Cici's Pizza. Aron and I took the kids and had an absolutely marvelous time!!! There were raffles, games, clowns, and the most pizza I have EVER seen! I had wonderful conversations with so many people remembering the sparkling child Ethan was and it was so nice to see his parents and siblings smiling. If you would like to know more about Hearts of Hope, please go to
http://www.heartsofhopemi.org/Russell and Sloane had fun in the arcade at Cici's Pizza Place.
Russell took Sloane for a ride on the bus!

The clown made Sloane a butterfly balloon and Russell a sword and belt to hold it. Russell was bubbling over with excitement!

No comments:
Post a Comment