This weekend we were lucky to have Aron's mom here. She arrived Friday morning and had lunch with Russell in his new pre-K classroom in celebration of Grandparents' Day. Russell was thrilled to have her there and I was excited for her to see him in action at school. Russell is now listing off everyone else in his family who needs to come see him at school!
On Saturday, we spent the day relaxing and playing around the house. I am currently at the tail end of a horrendous cold, so I took advantage of having an extra set of adult hands around and rested as much as I could. Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot of time in my life for resting. I am currently completing my practicum for receiving my reading endorsement as part of my Master's degree through GVSU. I am swamped with homework so I snuck out of the house Saturday morning and spent a few hours diligently working while enjoying a bagel and diet coke at Panera Bread. I was amazed at how much work I could complete without the chatter of children around me!
Sunday brought hope to our family. Aron's amazing Aunt Karen was diagnosed one month ago with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. She has completed radiation and has begun chemotherapy. We are all remaining positive knowing how strong Aunt Karen is! Aron, Jan, myself, and the kids joined thousands of others on Sunday at the Detroit Zoo for the annual 5K Purple Stride Walk For Pancreatic Cancer. We walked away with t-shirts, bracelets, new friends, and a wealth of information to help Karen through this tough journey she is facing. Please keep Karen in your prayers!!!
Now I do have two pictures I must share with you. Russell is so, so, sooooo excited about his upcoming duty as ring bearer in Gregg and Allison's October 18th wedding. He tried on his wedding suit recently and was so darn adorable! I can't wait to see him walk down the isle!!! Here is my little man all suited up!
1 comment:
OMG he is sooooo stinking CUTE! I just love it. I think you need to get your pic of AC at your wedding out, bc chances are they are TWINS. So excited for him....and you. It is nerve racking as the parent. Ella has been the flower girl 3 times. Each time, I had butterflies in my stomach. I think I should kick you off the blogscene. You are TOOO busy. Rest, get well. I miss you!
Post a Comment