It has been a very hectic September! With the start of another school year and a filled weekend schedule, I feel as though I have rarely seen the inside of my own home over the last two weeks! My school year is going great. My students are an active, but sweet group. They will definitely keep me on my toes and have already stolen my heart. Russell and Sloane are off to a good start back at our beloved daycare center. Sloane returned to her same classroom while Russell has entered into the pre-k classroom. This has been an adjustment for both him and me. I have a hard time believing that he will be turning 4 soon.
Last weekend I had the opportunity to go on my annual "Girls Weekend" with a group of sorority sisters. We had great weather and enjoyed a beautiful Saturday relaxing on a boat in the sun! Unfortunately Sunday brought a little anxiety to all of us thanks to me... I went out on a morning jog with the assumption that I knew the area. Within 45 minutes I had become lost!!! Over 2 hours later, my girlfriends had called 9-1-1 and sent out a search party. I continued to run for most of this 120 minute adventure thinking that eventually I would make it back around to the cabin. I ended up stopping to ask for help from a very friendly lady and later was found by two of my friends. What an ordeal! Needless to say I was very frightened and I don't quite understand how I was able to fight off tears until after it was over. I just kept telling myself to stay calm and to look on the bright side...I got one awesome workout and still have the blisters to show for it! I have learned my lesson and will NOT be running alone in unknown territory ever again!!!
This weekend my childhood friend, Heather, got married!!! It is such a small world because she married a man who grew up with Aron (we didn't even set them up). It was a beautiful ceremony and a FUN reception. I was honored to be able to do a reading for the couple during the ceremony. Aron and I took the opportunity to enjoy some time together without the kids and dropped them off at my grandparents home for the weekend. Russell and Sloane had a blast catching frogs, watching for deer, playing the organ, and using the race car track. My grandparents, parents, aunt, and cousin all helped in keeping them wrangled :-) A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF THEM!!!
Singing and playing Great Grammy's organ.
Having fun with Great Papa's race track!
Catching frogs!!!
Frogs sure are fast, slippery, and jumpy!
Got him!
My childhood best friends: Cherri, Heather, Myself, and Heaven.
Congratulations Jake and Heather!!!
1 comment:
Looks like fun! Sounds like you were about to make headlines. Glad things worked out! I bet it was a long distance you got in during the time! I am still trying to run the 1/2 in Oct. can you do it? You look stunning in the pic of girls! Miss you
Post a Comment