Sunday, July 12, 2009

Picnic at the Park

I spent the last week plowing through grad school work and successfully finished the second chapter of my thesis!!! I have one chapter to go and am half way through my grad class! Yippee! I can't wait to head up to my parents' cabin at the end of the month. It has been driving me crazy that I haven't been north of the Mackinac bridge yet this summer. The kids and I had a fun day at the zoo Thursday. We took the train to the back of the zoo and walked our way to the front. We don't typically take the train, so this was something special for them. Sloane absolutely LOVES visiting with all the animals and Russell LOVES to see the dinosaur exhibit. It really is cool! Yesterday we had our annual neighborhood picnic. The kids had a blast with all of their friends and enjoyed eating lots of yummy foods. Aron and I enjoyed the adult conversation and indulged in our share of good eats as well! Next weekend we are heading back to the west side to enjoy some more time on Lake Michigan. We are so lucky to have family that lives right on the beach!!! Now I'm off to lay in the sun while the kids nap :-)

Watermelon!


Hot dogs!Cupcakes!

Fun!


No comments: