Monday, December 30, 2013

We Love Christmas!

We have had a wonderful holiday vacation filled with many special family moments and Christmas celebrations.  Our first celebration was with my family on Christmas Eve.  I wasn't good about taking pictures, but we enjoyed a fabulous meal followed by gift opening.  We were all spoiled and went home feeling full (of love and food)!  Christmas Day was a quiet celebration at home with just the four of us.  I was wide awake by 6:00 a.m. with anticipation, but the kids decided to sleep in!  Finally around 8:00 I heard Russell coming to life followed shortly after by Sloane.  However, they weren't screaming about presents.  After a few moments, I tiptoed out to see what they were up to.  Both kids were putting together a breakfast for Aron and I!  It truly melted my heart!!!  After quick hugs of appreciation, the kids were off and quickly tore through their stockings and gifts.  We played all day with new toys and enjoyed delicious meals.  The next day we packed up and headed west to see Aron's family.  We spent three days visiting with family, relaxing, and opening more packages.  Now were are back home, Christmas decorations have been removed, and house projects have begun.  We have just a couple days left of vacation, but we plan on squeezing a LOT into them!
Day one of vacation Russell completed a Lego set he received for his birthday.
Day two - Santa delivered an early present...  A new Lion's jersey and two tickets to that day's game.
While the boys were at the football game, Sloane and I went to get manicures and pedicures.  So much fun!
Christmas Eve tradition.  Listening to Grammy and Papa read Twas the Night Before Christmas.
Gift opening - MORE Legos!!!
Star Trek toys!
A new doll house!
Dwight Eisenhower collectible.
A new American Girl Doll and bunk beds for her girls!
Her girls need a snack cart too!
Mac's favorite gift - a new squeaky toy!  He squeaked it ALL day long!!!
Christmas at Grammy Carlson's house.  Remote control cars.
Mac received more gifts too, but he liked the ribbons best.
Christmas at Grandpa Carlson's and Bevie's.
Relaxing at Grammy Carlson's - Best Buds
Sloane played outside and built this cute snowman on Grammy's deck.
Watch out!  She has her own Nerf gun now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had so much Carlson family fun to get caught up on!! Great Christmas gifts!! It looks like you squeezed a ton of fun into Christmas break. BTW, Kirsten, you look beautiful in the family photo in front of the Christmas tree. Love all the pictures.