Monday, January 18, 2010

Keeping Busy in 2010!

2010 has been off to a busy start for our family! I headed back to work on January 4th after a glorious and restful break. I am very fortunate to have a student teacher in my classroom for 12 weeks this winter. She is a wonderful addition! Both my students and myself are benefiting from her enthusiasm and hard work in the classroom.

In addition to keeping busy at work and at home with the kids, I have decided to run a 25K race in May with two of my friends. So...my running dedication is holding strong with 5 mile runs throughout the week and a longer run on the weekend. Let's hope I can keep up the training over the next few months in order to be fully prepared for race day on May 8th!

Aron and I just returned yesterday from a fun-filled trip to Cleveland. My parents watched the kids for the weekend in order for us to get some time away without the little ones! Thank you Mom and Dad!!! While in Cleveland, we visited the Rock-and-Roll Hall of Fame where we enjoyed a Motown exhibit as well as exhibits for Michael Jackson, Elvis, Bruce Springsteen, and MORE! It was an awesome place to see! We also ate at a Brazilian Steakhouse or "Churrascaria" similar to the one we visited 6 years ago while vacationing in Brazil. It was fun drinking and eating true Brazilian delicacies. It brought back terrific memories!
Some other fun January events are shown in the pictures below:

My mom made new blankets for the Russell and Sloane. They LOVE them and snuggle up every night with these warm and adorable blankets!


Last weekend we went to a neighbors house for a spaghetti cook-off! Aron made our sauce using my Grandmother's yummy recipe. He took 2nd place! While the adults were busy sampling sauce, the kids played hard with all their neighborhood pals.
Mmmmmm...spaghetti!
I had today off for MLK Day so I met the other neighborhood moms and kids at the zoo! We bundled up and were ready for animal fun. Thankfully most of the animals are inside during the winter so we had a lot of opportunities to warm up in the animal houses.

Lunch break with the boys!
Checking out the polar bears.
The girls take-off!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Looks and sounds like lots of fun in your household! Keep up the good work with the running. I ran 5 a couple times last week and then 8 on Friday. I took the weekend off. I am looking forward to our fun date. It will be more rewarding I think, than the thesis. I guess I will tackle any crazy project just to hang out with you! :) Miss you!