I can not believe I only have 16 1/2 more "wake-ups" until summer vacation! Every year goes by faster and faster. Overall, my year has been a great one! I will miss my students, but am SO EXCITED to have more time with my own kids all summer.
We spent this past weekend with my parents. I had a bridal shower to attend so we trekked up north for some R&R with Grammy and Papa :-) The kids were of course spoiled by the awesome playroom in my parents' basement and I was spoiled by having two more sets of hands (and eyes) keeping up with them! We hated to leave, but are thrilled to be headed north again for Memorial Weekend at my brother's.
Grammy bought the kids new, motorized tooth brushes. They were a HIT! The kids brushed their teeth at least 4 times between dinner and bedtime on Friday night. This picture shows them brushing in the tub...their teeth must be clean after this weekend!

Sloane insisted on having Grammy polish her finger nails after watching Grammy finish her own. Sloane sat so still as each nail was painted. She was so proud and held her hands so delicately while blowing on them afterward.

While Sloane was upstairs getting beautified, Russell was downstairs building log cabins with Papa. It was fun watching him use the same Lincoln Logs that Keith and I once used!
Russell was so cute "reading" books to Sloane. He told her, "Come sit on my lap Sloanie. I will read to you just like Papa."

After a fun evening playing at the park today, we walked home just in time to catch the ice cream truck driving down our street. Russell chose a Spiderman flavor ice and Sloane chose a Dora one. Yum!
1 comment:
Girl you are crazy! Not sure how you do it all. I haven't blogged in almost 3 weeks. NO TIME! I am sitting here working on IEPs for the week. Ugg! ONly a few more weeks of this silliness with school, thesis prep, and of course the FAMILY! HOpe you are well. Look forward to connecting you. You are a champ at balancing it all!
Post a Comment