The past week was a busy one! On Tuesday, I took the kids to a soccer game played by some of my past and present students. Russell was in Heaven watching the "big" kids play soccer. Thankfully I remembered to throw his soccer ball in the car at the last minute because he was happily kicking his ball around trying to imitate the players on the field. Russell didn't realize that these players weren't quite the pro-athletes he thought they were and didn't even notice when one of them kicked the ball into the wrong net:-) Sloane enjoyed people watching and befriending the spectators dogs. My students were thrilled to have me there and excited to see my children. I always enjoy seeing the students outside of school and visiting with their parents. On Wednesday, I was called out of work by daycare because Sloane was running a 103 temperature. I didn't panic, but dashed out of school to pick her up and make a quick phone call to the pediatrician. The nurse assured me not to worry, but to monitor her condition and call back if the symptoms got worse. Sloane remained at home the rest of the week while Aron and I took turns staying home with her. She broke the fever Friday and has been back to her normal perky self. After a very busy work week, we decided to lay low this weekend and enjoy some much needed family time. We spent most of Saturday morning in our pajamas building a fort in the family room. We used the sofa cushions, dining chairs, sheets, pillows, and many clothes pins to create a fort for all four of us (plus Mac) to fit in. Russell insisted we all stay there to rest and brought us blankies and stuffed animals to cuddle with. What can I say...I love those kids!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like you had a much deserved relaxing weekend. We love to build forts at our house, too! We stayed inside all day for the first time since the near flood at the beginning of the month. Lots of arts and crafts, I didn't get much done other than fun time with the kids. I was thinking of you this weekend. I did a little shopping for fall clothes for the kids and finally used the gift card you sent for Christian. I bought him this adorable sweater that he will wear to his dedication at church on Sunday. Thanks so much for that fun gift! I always like to get the little guy a few special things since so much of what he wears is hand me downs from Carter. Russell looks like he is really growing. I wish we were close so we could have our kids gather and play. Have a good week. We will talk to you soon.
Post a Comment